Skip to main content

Today's Mission

Quilted with Flowers and Swirls . 
Well , today I slipped into town with a mission in mind. I finished machine quilting a lap quilt out of the Swirly Girls book . I had my quilt and need binding . . I wanted lime green . This quilt is very busy and out of my comfort zone . I'm old school , more traditional kind of girl . BUT , I really liked this pattern and went for it . I ran errands and went to 145 Art & Design  to fetch up some binding .

Orange piece

Pretty pink piece ! :)
 Noreen , the owner , found 2 pieces to go with it . I really dig the pink . I purchased the orange too . I have another top to finish that will be this one's twin . We sat and talked about the money you have in a quilt and what would be a good selling price . I love talking to Noreen . I purchased some ticking to make something for the Tin Lizzie to help on the sides . I will have to splain that another day . I'm going down to the sweat shop and cut up my fabric and hopefully get the pink binding on today . I'm torn between the 2 pieces . Pink , i think for  now . Heck , I have a second one to do so I will fight the lime green and orange piece WHEN I reach that point . 

Comments

  1. You are so funny!! Love your blog idea...I have lime green if you wanna see that too, before you decide,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first comment! Love you Cindy! Giggling! I want a pic of what your quilting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How do you cut your binding ?

So Many Things To Do in the Sweat Shop

I will probably sound scatterbrain during this post . I just have to catch you up with all my "current" projects ..  Well after the chicken quilt post , I have now dragged out my shameful attempt on mine . I know now why I kinda lost interest .  I'm not much on this hand  applique. I would rather be stitching binding      Oh speaking of binding , I have successfully put it on the number one Baker's Dozen quilt and just have a corner open for the label .     I need a thread color that will show up this fabric . Any suggestions ? Nothing bites more than waiting for it to embroider and then you realize you chose the wrong color .   I'm working on number 2 Baker's Dozen and have that  fiery orange binding ready to go .    I'm also ready to label this ole quilt . I made it in the 90's . Oh you know you got some of those UFO's too.  It's called Mother's Choice . I wished I had used just 2 colors , but I didn't . I must